Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Years 2014

What is the correct way to say it? We celebrated New Years Eve 2013 or New Years 2014?!

Technically mostly all these pictures and the time celebrating, was in 2013.. We literally stayed up 5 mins past midnight into 2014 before passing out.

 

We’ve had a couple previous New Years spent doing nothing and with a 6month old we were just ready to do the same again. Last year I was like 4months prego (and honestly now that I think about it.. I can’t remember what the hell we did..I think stay home but not sure..) anyways next year? We’re going out. I can’t wait to celebrate the right way! #thismamaneedsadrank #istillhaven’tdonehardalcohol

 

Last minute we decided to have people over. Nothing big but still I love a “party” to plan!

I reached out on IG to ask for some quick ideas of what to serve since I was headed to the store and you ladies came through!

I made pigs in a blanket with little turkey cocktails sausages. Jenn’s buffalo chicken dip she recommended. And then the amazing Parm bacon wrapped crackers.

Jenn trust me the dip was devoured first (just like you said). I couldn’t even get a picture!

 

The bacon wrapped crackers.. so easy.

What you need:

Club crackers

Parm cheese (I’m going to try fresh next time. This time I used in a can and I think it just added to all the grease..)

Bacon

Boom. That’s it.


Split all the bacon slices in half. Preheat oven to 200. Sprinkle cheese on cracker. Wrap bacon around cracker. Lay out on cookie sheet.

Bake for 2 hours.

AMAZING!

These would be a great Superbowl treat too.. hmm noted.

 


While Kenz napped I enjoyed some champs. And tried to get a pic with the hubs but they were busy playing ping pong..

At first I thought “oh ok decent pic”. Looking at this now umm I look so tired! haha I know I wasn’t drunk so that explains it.

I had such a busy day and then it got hectic trying to make all the little apps before we had people coming over. With Kenzie it was becoming almost impossible to sit there and wrap pigs in a blanket and bacon around crackers..I almost called everyone and canceled. But in the end I did it.The food was delish.

Just because it was New Years didn’t change Kenzie’s world. She still woke up and needed to nurse like usual.

When she woke up from her last nap Daddy came inside to check on us. It was cute, we had already been dancin around to the performances so when he came in he joined us and the 3 of us were dancing in front of the tv.

 

 

And then missy was down for the night. (or the next 3 hours)

She of course had to make sure to celebrate the ball drop.

We counted 5-4-3-2-1 and then went out front to watch the fireworks that were soon to go off. Our friends said goodbye. And we were in bed by 12:09 (timestamp on this picture is proof). Haha

 

I can’t wait to see what’s in store for us in 2014. Only request is that it doesn’t go by too fast like 2013?!

4 comments:

CK said...

2013 really REALLY flew by! I hope we have more time to treasure/appreciate each day, but thinking back on how many EXCITING events occurred, it's no wonder it happened so quickly. Happy New Year, friend!

Jenn @ Bliss to Bean said...

Awww such cute photos! I hear ya, that dip was the first to go at Brooke's party. Without fail, every time! So good!! I can't wait until the babes are bigger to countdown with! Happy New Year!!

Your mom said...

But just wthat is an "ASSFEST"? Lol! See pic of you and Hubby :)). Love you💗💗

Your mom said...

Seriously , I LOVE that you document all these moments in your family's lives! You'll be so happy later too! Love you all so very much 💗💗💗